Oregon Tech’s researchers actively work on projects that make the difference when it comes to addressing real-world problems. And students don’t wait until after graduation to do their part. 在一起, faculty members and students undertake work in conjunction with businesses and government to improve industries and, 通过扩展, 社会.
Take our partnership with Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center R&D例如:. We were an early partner and serve as the host university for the effort. A collaborative enterprise started by Boeing, OMIC combines the power of business, higher education and government to create new tools and technologies to address manufacturing challenges. 结果是, Oregon Tech’s students are presented with opportunities to get hands-on research experience at the center in Scappoose and help develop solutions for the region’s metals manufacturing industry.
Our applied research cuts across fields, too. We’ve had communications studies students examine the relationship between organizational identification theory and those who work remotely. Other students have joined with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to study habitat ecology and management, and understand the genetics of the Yellow Rail, 稀有的沼泽鸟.
- OREC - Oregon 可再生能源中心
- Oregon BEST - Oregon Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies Center
- SuNRISE - Oregon 支持 Network for 研究 and Innovation in Solar Energy
- ONAMI - Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute
- CAMCOR - Center for Advanced Materials Characterization in Oregon
- National Energy Technology Laboratory